Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rants and Ramblings


Another month, another hurricane!

I feel so sad for the people of New Orleans. I know after our house flooded years ago, I never slept when it rained. Heck I remember being out with friends and it was spitting and I had a panic attack and had to go home. We never went away for more than a day (not night) in rain season after that and I couldn't wait until the snow came.

So I can not imagine losing my home, possibly rebuilding and having the same thing happen all over. I know I would be a basket case.

I can only hope this one is not too bad.

Closer to home, we have had a nation wide recall on certain meats. Some people threw out all their meat, regardless of origin, instead of returning it to the store as requested and then they join a class action suit. Oh, let's order hot coffee and sue when I spill it!

Changing the subject one more time....I was out for a bike ride early this morning (7 ish). The houses in our neighbourhood all have double garages. But I was shocked at how many cars are parked in the driveway overnight. I am talking 2 and sometimes 3 cars. I've seen some of the garages...full of stuff. These houses all have basements too. I guess I am pretty selfish, as that would be the day that I freeze my butt off in 40 below weather to start my car, while junk stays toasty inside.

I'm working on a quilt for a friend, so I can't post any pictures yet.

Instead I will post one I made last year for the family room.

No comments: