Friday, October 1, 2010

The L1011 and Chris

When my Dad's widow died a few years ago, my brother and I went to Nova Scotia to settle the estate.  I brought home some of the Air Canada airplane pictures he had, the Viscount, the Vanguard, the L1011, all of the planes from his era.  A few were from the manufacturers signed on the back to my Dad. 

I took a few to the Air Canada office to adorn our bare walls and one of the Managers noticed them.  He mentioned that his first Air Canada flight was on an L1011, so I looked and sure enough I had one of those pictures.  I brought it into him, but for a few years it sat in his office on the floor.

Yesterday when I was visiting everyone, I dropped into his new office to see him and his assistant. 


My Dad would have been very proud to know where his picture ended up.  That manager is Chris Isford and he is now the Controller of Air Canada.  

No comments: