5 months is a long time to be away from you, even with Skype and Facebook and free long distance.
So I decided when I got up this morning, I need to 'document' more of my life down here.
So what is new? Blaine and I have had what they call the "Texas Crud" for almost a week now. It's a cold with a bit of flu thrown in. He is still in the sweating/ feel shitty stage and I am in the coughing stage which because I smoke could last a few weeks. Blaine has not been golfing all week, and we haven't really been out much....so you know we were sick!! We are up and about today though.
We are expecting Greta and Larry (Rockin the fields of Minnedosa friends from around Brandon) sometime tonight, yahoo! Their place isn't ready til tomorrow and they will likely bunk down in the spare room, aka quilt room. Bets on are on that we will be going to Joe's Oyster Bar tonight if they arrive in time for supper. I can taste the crab cakes already.
Don and Anne are going back to Ontario Tuesday for a family emergency and he dropped off a few quilty things that Anne had purchased. She had a stroke in her early 50's but was an avid quilter before and keeps buying fabric, etc. One of the gifts is a full size 'convenience quilt' kit. It has panels that you cut and sew together; looks like applique but it isn't! Beautiful fabric by Moda.
Tis all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment