
I am trying hard to follow the challenge of getting 5 quilting UFOs (unfinished objects) done before the end of July.
I finished the wallhanging for the living room and quite like how it turned out. I am not much of a machine quilter but I am practicing like crazy. To get this done in time, I found a 'stipple pattern on a roll'. Wow, was it easy. You lay it down on your quilt and off you go.
I finished the wallhanging for the living room and quite like how it turned out. I am not much of a machine quilter but I am practicing like crazy. To get this done in time, I found a 'stipple pattern on a roll'. Wow, was it easy. You lay it down on your quilt and off you go.
After doing this, I realized that I could do most any pattern this way. I had to go to Carellan Sewing Centre to get a walking foot for my machine and told them what I wanted to do. Barb, the owner, showed me this huge roll of tissue, like the kind doctors use on their examination table. It was $5 whereas some of the quilting speciality products go for $12 or more for 1/10 of the paper. I tried it out and it worked like a charm. The only problem with any of these products is pulling the tissue off, as you have millions of little pieces that seem to like the floor! But I read a tidbit somewhere that says to run a pin along each line lightly and the paper will tear off easier. So I will try that next time. Anyhow, this shop is a gem. Barb showed me how to use all the stitches on my machine, (for free) something the seller should have shown me but never quite had the time. She will definitely have my business in the future.
Til next time. Barb
No comments:
Post a Comment