Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rain, rain, go away

It has been windy and rainy all darn day.

We were planning to go to the Forks and take the Riverbus up to this neat Italian area (Corydon) for a walk and an ice cream, but it was too miserable.

So we went out and about shopping instead. Since Blaine likes granola bars in his lunch I decided to make some without all the junky additives. I found a few recipes on the Net and we added the Bulk Barn to our destinations. I love this place! It is so clean and they have every kind of spice or ingredient you could ever need. The bars turned out great, by the way.

We bumped into a gal from Blaine's old work and he was ok...he seemed relieved he wasn't there anymore and was happy talking about working at the golf course and wintering in Texas. That's a big hurdle.

I finally took a picture of the bed quilt I am making. it is a slow process because I am doing it all by hand. The fabrics are what they call reproductions, based on fabric from the old days. This part is the centre; to put the size into perspective, the blue squares with little white dots are one and a half inches.

Til next time....


















No comments: