Sunday, July 6, 2008

Webpage to blog




I was looking at my webpage today and remembered I had started this blog! Old age, ughh.

What's new?

While we were in Texas a friend from the airline wrote to see if I would like to go to Barbados with her. She had special passes for her anniversary, and could take anyone. Since she can take her husband or daughter anytime, she invited me. We went in April, leaving the hubbies behind and it was wonderful. Hot as hell, beautiful beaches, friendly people, great company and a super place at the Southern Surf. We did have to stay an extra day (oh darn) because the flights were full on the way back. Thankfully, she has high priority and we got out the next day (some people ended up buying their way home for $600 - $800). We managed first class there and back so that was a special treat for me. I even sprinkled some of my Dad's ashes along the way, as Barbados was his favorite place. Thanks SUE!!!

On the home front, Blaine is enjoying his new job at the golf course. He switched courses a month ago, and the one is nearby. He makes more money, saves 1 hour travel each day and doesn't have to work on the week-ends. Plus the people are awesome. They even bought a new fancy dancy mower (~$30,000) for him last week

I'm still employed, but my technical writing assignment ended at the end of June. I am on vacation next week, then they will advise what the next step is (severance, maybe some training or assignment)!!! It's tough working for a Montreal firm...lol

I'm still quilting and started a quilt for the living room wall yesterday. I am trying to learn to machine quilt and hopefully I will be done tomorrow and can post some pictures.

And finally, today is our puppy's birthday. Benson is 16 today but you would never know by the way he runs up and down the stairs.

No comments: