Sunday, October 12, 2008

I love fall!


Autumn is my favorite season.

I love seeing the leaves change colours and fall all over the streets and lawn. I love the way Benson looks covered in them!

I love making the first winter soup.

I love bringing out the sweaters.

I love going to fall suppers.

Ok, and I love that the countdown to Texas begins. Two months from now we will be off.

I started to get a bit excited about Texas when we had a gathering of our Winter Texan friends out at the lake a while ago. It was so much fun to see them. And the thought that I may not have to work while there is even better.

Blaine will be running in the Port Isabel Causeway run to South Padre Island when we are there. I took the photo showing the causeway from the Lighthouse, on a very windy day! As you can see, it is quite a climb uphill, which Blaine is not used to here in the Prairies.

I am almost finished my contract. I am not certain whether there will be more work there. I am hopeful as I enjoyed working with an old colleague and friend. But we will see.

It's supposed to be raining all day today. We have no plans for Thanksgiving dinner as Blaine's dad is still in the hospital after having an aneurysm behind his stomach removed. We are thankful he is okay.

Be thankful and enjoy your gatherings.

No comments: