Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's all about Nini!



Anita and I have been good friends since we were 18, when we worked in the same office building. When I set out to make her a quilt a few years back, I had no idea what to make. I knew it had to be very unique to match her personality.

I thought about making a quilt all about her! I made a list of things she did, things she loved, and things we shared. My idea was to find fabrics to match the list and somehow put them into a quilt.




The fabric search was fun, as you can not walk into to a fabric store and just pull fabric with cellphones, a drink with a straw, museums, a newspaper, shopping bags, etc off the shelves. There are 24 different Anita blocks, 6 solids on the block borders, the background and the backing, making 32 fabrics in total and probably 20 fabric shops, including online ones.

About 4 months ago, I found the perfect pattern online; the pattern wasn't available yet, but I drafted it out and this is my interpretation.

Needless to say, I love the way it turned out. And the best part is, so did she!


1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

It's a lovely quilt. She seems very happy with it!