Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rio Grande Valley Quilt Show

We went on a trek yesterday to the outlets in Mercedes, the quilt show in Pharr and then to McAllen.

Blaine wanted to get some casual shoes so we went to the Clark's and Rockport stores at the Rio Grande Outlets. There are 140 shops in this mall, but we went to only about a dozen or so. And we bumped into some friends that are staying on South Padre Island - how amazing is that?

After that we went to the quilt show: Blaine stayed in the car and relaxed while I shopped and looked at all the quilts. I bought 3 kits and one pattern.

The pattern, High Tech Tucks, by Caryl Bryer Fallert looks fun. The kits are a floral one I saw last year, an African lady for the family room and a Texas stain glass.




There were lots of fabulous quilts, but this one stood out.

No comments: