
Yes, I shoulda taken the time each day to post a 'view from our deck' or written about something Texas-y, but I didn't.
I suppose since I made my living for 9 months doing documentation I had no inkling to write every day.
I could have written about the cold fronts - how one minute it is beautiful and calm and the next minute, when the cold front moves in, the temperature drops 20 degrees and the winds howl. I didn't because most of you really know what a cold front is and you would have just laughed at me.
I could have written about how peaceful it is in the morning when the birds are waking up and the water is calm and you can hear the fish jump. They do jump right off our deck and yes you can hear them.
I could have written how on these calm mornings, when it is low tide especially, I can see the dolphins playing. I finally thought about videoing them, but each second of taping is 1MG of space, so I couldn't even compress it enough to post or send.
I could have written about the sky at night, when you can see the constellations and Venus - about how peaceful it is then, too.
I could have written about the pelicans and seagulls and the fighting that goes on when our neighbour, a fisherman, guts his fish and throws the remains to the birds.
I could have written about the friends we have made and the fun we have had. But I didn't.
Maybe next winter.
I love being a Winter Texan. I love the park and the people and the activities. I love the beach and the sand and the shells and the smells.
We'll be home next week. Til then, I am going to scoop up every minute of sun and fun that I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment